Sunday 6 June 2010

May Ticklist Update!!!!

How on earth its got to june already i don't know but there you go, time flies!

After the influx of migrants during april, everything sort of slowed down during may. Everything was still busy due to the fact that the breeding season was in full swing, and lots of species were seen, but during this month, the year list only got 3 more additions

  • Lesser spotted woodpecker - a lifer for me - a pair nesting in a treehole at wollaton park
  • House Martin - the last hirundine to appear (for me anyway) with several birds seen over the main lake at Colwick Park
  • Turtle Dove - a UK first for me, having seen them in spain before, a turtle dove was seen around my friends house in linconshire on the 29th of may, purring away. This was a very special sighting for me, lovely and now very rare bird in britain.

So now the list stands at 108. I'm hoping to get a few more over the summer, as hopefully i'll be travelling to a few places around the country to see some different species, starting with bristol and london in a few weeks time (hoping to go to the London Wetland Centre, Hampstead Heath and WWT Slimbridge!)

No comments:

Post a Comment